Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 4 - Mom



What is a Mother?

A mother is someone to shelter and guide us,
To love us, whatever we do,
With a warm understanding and infinite patience.
And wonderful gentleness, too.
How often a mother means swift reassurance
In soothing our small, childish fears,
How tenderly mothers watch over their children
And treasure them all through the years!
The heart of a mother is full of forgiveness
For any mistake, big or small,
And generous always in helping her family,
Whose needs she has placed above all.
A mother can utter a word of compassion
And make all our cares fall away,
She can brighten a home with the sound of her laughter
And make life delightful and gay.
A mother possesses incredible wisdom
And wonderful insight and skill
In each human heart is that one special corner
Which only a mother can fill!

Katherine Nelson Davis

Today is my mom's birthday, so I'm dedicating this blog to her. My mom is the only mother that I could ever imagine having. She has always supported me and encouraged me in everything I do, whether it be getting good grades, moving out or writing a novel. Every thing that I do is important to her and she genuinely cares and wants to hear about it all.
I trust the advice that she has given me and continues to give over the advice of anyone else I know. I trust her opinions and her decisions in my life. I know that she would never force me to do something but she has no problem telling me what she thinks that I should do :)
My mom has been a shoulder to cry on and a strong back to lean on when I needed it. There are times in my life that I know I wouldn't have gotten through without her. Today on her birthday I want to thank her for everything she has done for me.

I love you mom! Happy birthday!

1 comment:

Just Janet said...

Thank you Emily. I can barely see to type through the tears that your blog inspired. I love you too, and I am grateful that, in spite of all my failings, you still respect and look up to me. I, also, look up to you. You are an amazingly confident, self-assured, beautiful person, and I am proud to be your mother. Thank you so much for dedicating this blog to me :)