Wednesday, December 1, 2010

BEDD!

So I almost flubbed out of my first day of BEDD (Blog Every Day in December) because we had some totally awesome dinner guests and got our curtains put up this evening, but I have twenty-five minutes left of December 1st and I'm going to get cracking here :).

This blog is going to be mostly random (as I'm sure a lot will be this month), but here goes :).

Tyler and I had my mom and Claudio over for dinner tonight for the first time since we moved in. They also helped us put our curtains up, it was a little late though by the time we got to that (sorry to our neighbours for the drilling!!). I am so pleased to finally have curtains in the bedroom though. When we first moved in, it was so hot in their in the mornings it was absolutely impossible to sleep in. It's still pretty hard to sleep past 9:30 or 10 with the sun baking in. I know I will be sleeping much better now!

Unfortunately, I won't be sleeping in any time soon. I worked this week Sunday - Wednesday and have a busy next few days ahead. Tomorrow I need to get up relatively early so that I can get to my doctor's office and get some of my blood stolen. I have to fast for twelve hours before hand so I can't go too late in the day. I have to do my insulin in the morning and I can't go too long without eating something after I do my insulin, I also can't wait until it's really late to take my insulin. This means that I will probably have to get up around 8 or 8:30 and get out of here shortly after, I'm hoping to get to the clinic for 9 or 9:30.

After I get my bloodwork done, I'm going to head over to the dollar store to get my Christmas cards, then I just need to get some stamps and I can mail them out! I'm excited, but I need to get going on those soon or they won't be out before Christmas. After that I'm going to go home and do nothing for a little while.

On Friday I'm off work as well, but no sleeping in for me. I have a dentist appointment at 9:00. Since my health coverage will be ending with my twenty-first birthday at the end of January, my dentist's office is going to try to get as much work done on my mouth as possible before then. This means that I have a two hour dentist appointment on Friday. I'm not even sure what they can possibly do in my mouth for two hours, but so be it.

Then on Saturday I'm back in to work 12 - 8 and Sunday 8:30 to 4:30. I'm seriously hoping to be off on Monday because I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday to go over the results of my bloodwork. No rest for me these days, it feels like every time I have a day off, I've got some kind of appointment. In the last two months I've been to the dentist once, the doctor's twice, the eye doctor once and my new endocrinologist once. It's crazy and then I have these three appointments as well. I'm looking forward to when they're all over :P.

But yeah, today was a good day. Tyler made a roast again with roasted carrots, potatoes and...parsnips. Tyler is colour blind and sending him to the grocery store to get carrots can come with interesting results. We cooked them anyway even though he stopped in today to get carrots as well and they came out pretty good. They kind of just tasted like carrots. We also had mashed potatoes and corn, delicious. Apple danishes, cheese cake and nuts for desert really made the meal as well.

By the time we were finished with a late dinner and an even later desert it was 9:30, ahh! Time to put the curtains up! After we put the curtains up we hung around for a while. I showed my mom some funny videos on youtube since she currently doesn't have sound on her computer at home while Claudio relaxed on the couch. My mom helped me do the dishes and then headed home. It was a great visit and I hope that we can have them over again sometime soon.

Anyway, I guess that's it for tonight, I don't want to run out of steam on the very first day. Tomorrow I'll probably talk about my novel or something :P

1 comment:

Just Janet said...

I can confirm that the meal was excellent :) Tyler makes a mean roast beef!!! The potatoes were excellent and the carrots or 'parsnips' were great too! 'Twas a wonderful evening... thanks for the invite!