Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 29 - Repeat?

I think I accidentally wrote yesterday down as Day 29 as well, oh well!

So Tyler and I were tidying up the apartment tonight and decided to take all of the Christmas decorations down. I was going to wait until New Year's or after to do it, but since we're probably having people over on New Year's, I figured it was time for it to come down.

We set up our new microwave (which works perfectly! The plate spins so fast and smoothly! Thanks mom and Claudio!) and our new lamp. The lamp that Lisa and Matt got us...I don't know where they got it or how much it cost but it looks like a million bucks! I said to Tyler, now we have this fancy lamp and microwave, everything else in our apartment suddenly looks very shabby!

This lamp is seriously awesome though. It is a big tall lamp with the shade and lightbulb at the top, but it also has a small reading light that comes off the side. If we point it at the window, the reading light alone is enough to light up the whole balcony! I will be able to read outside so much easier from now on! Love it!

Surprisingly it's nice to have the Christmas tree and everything else down. The apartment suddenly seems bigger. It's awesome. I'm hoping that Tyler can get the Christmas stuff down to the storage locker tomorrow so we can get it out of the living room before Friday night.

Anyway, I'm outta here! G'night!

1 comment:

Just Janet said...

Awww... I'm kinda sad that you took down all your Christmas stuff! I didn't get to see it all :( I do know the feeling though, it's nice to have your space back and everything looks fresh and bigger. Glad to hear that the nuker works! Did you get rid of the old one?