Thursday, April 23, 2009

Lukewarm...

Just a short blog to help me try and process some thoughts...

The night before last I was reading my bible. I had a conversation with Tyler earlier this week about the end of the world. He has been hearing a lot of stuff at work lately about this Planet X, 2012 end of the world stuff. He asked me what I thought about it and I told him that while I don't know much about that theory, I don't think that it's going to happen. I told him that there are things in that the bible says are going to happen before the end of the world. To make a long story short, I couldn't remember what all of these things were, so when I was reading my bible on Tuesday, I was reading the Book of Revelation.

When I got to the part about the church in Laodicea I read and highlighted this verse:

I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm - neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

- Revelation 4:15-16

This verse struck a chord. I don't want to be lukewarm. I want to have that special relationship with God. I've been longing for it for a while without even realizing it. I want to be hot - on fire - for Christ. I want to change, but I'm still figuring out how.

Tonight I was reading another blog. This blog is written by a friend of a friend - someone that I don't even know. She had quoted this exact verse in one of her recent blogs. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I think that God is telling me that He doesn't want me to be lukewarm anymore either. Being neither hot or cold is worse that being one or the other.

1 comment:

Miss Martini said...

I think He is telling you something, because God doesn't want ANY of us to be lukewarm.

Sometimes I'm lukewarm, and I don't want Him spitting me out of His mouth!!!

I'm really excited for you and what God is doing in your life recently, and I'm really excited that you share it with me. :):):)