Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Holy Week

This week, religiously, is one of the most important that there is. Starting with Palm Sunday and ending with the death and resurrection of Christ. So far for me, it's been a week of reflection.

My last blog post was pretty down. Sometimes I feel like I'm being pulled backwards and I can't move forwards until I forget about my past. The problem is, I don't want to forget about it, it's a huge part of me. I also don't want to waste time feeling sorry for myself. I've had some hard times in my life, but I've had so many good times and have so many things to be thankful for.

Something serious happened in my best friend's life this past week and it got me thinking about my own life. It reminded me that even in hard times, I know that there is (to risk sounding very cliche) a light at the end of the tunnel. For every terrible thing that we have to endure, God and life itself will give you good things in return. I want to praise God this week and thank him for all of the wonderful things and people I have in my life, despite it's many flaws.

I mean, my parents may be divorced and my dad lives all the way across the next country, but at least I have loving parents. I am so thankful for the people that my parents are. They are both strong and inspiring people who have also had a lot of things to get through in their lives.

I'm thankful for the friends that I have, even though I have very few. For those of you who have stuck by me through everything, good and bad, I'm grateful to you and I owe part of my life to you. Especially Andrea, who inspires and awes me more and more every day with her strength and compassion.

I am thankful that I have Tyler. He may smoke too much weed and have alcoholic parents, but I love him from the bottom of my heart and I can't imagine my life without him. I don't know how I would ever manage to get through my life without him. He gives me support when I need it most and I support him back in everything he does. I am so happy that I am going to get to spend the rest of my life with this man. I don't know what I would do if we hadn't found each other.

A girl who used to be one of my two best friends once said to me "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return". She said it to hurt my feelings and to make me feel bad for taking love away from her. It took me a while to see the beauty in this quote because at first it just made me angry. But it really is true. I can't imagine a better feeling than loving someone and having them return that love. Every feeling I have for him, I know he has for me as well.

I just need to remember at all times, to rely on God to bring good things into my life, even in hard times.



This video makes me cry every time I see it.

1 comment:

Miss Martini said...

your post made me cry!

and it definitely is true.
every day is a gift from God, because we as humans sure as hell don't deserve it. But God loves us enough to put so many blessings into our lives, and to make living worthwhile :)