Sunday, September 27, 2009

Stumped...Nanowrimo again

So, I really want to do Nanowrimo this year and win! I don't even really care if all I write is crap, I just want to get my 50,000 words written in November this year since I gave up last year about halfway through (I wrote just over 22,000 words).

So today I was surfing the nanowrimo website's FAQ section when I noticed that they strongly encourage the writers to use an outline for their novel. So I figured, during October I'll write myself an outline so that I'd be more prepared than I was last year.

The only problem is, I don't know what to write about. This is the worst possible time to get writer's block, I feel like I don't have a creative bone in my body right now. I know that I don't want to write about vampires (tried that last year) and I don't want to try to write my own life story (tried that last year as well). Other than that, I haven't got a clue. I don't even know if I want to write fantasy or real life.

Hopefully something will come to me soon. Otherwise November is going to suck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm you should write about things that are issues in your life like...you could write a story about a young women's journey entering marriage and stuff when the world ridicules her...or maybe a story about someone who struggles with suicide or self harm...i think its always easier to write about things you can speak of from experience

-andrea

Just Janet said...

Orrrr.... you could right about someone else's life story - how she met the man of her dreams on a double date, only he was her friend's date... I don't think Grandma would mind :) They just celebrated their 58th wedding anniversary. Some things are built to last! Lots of material there for 50,000 words!