Monday, September 28, 2009

Ideas

Now that I have an idea:

A girl from a wealthy, old-fashioned family is in love with a boy from the wrong side of the tracks. Eighteen-year old _____ wants nothing more than to marry her high school dropout boyfriend _____. Her parents don’t agree and force the young couple apart.

The pair meet in secret for months planning how to spend their lives together. They are willing to do anything, no matter who it hurts, to be together. When their plan is put into motion the parents have no choice but to let the young couple be together at all costs.

This is just a very basic plot synopsis, I can't say more without giving anything away or until I actually start writing.

Now, I get to do the fun stuff, the names! The names are a more complicated process then you'd think. Name meanings are very important to me and its hard to find names that I like that have the specific meanings that I want.

I want the girl's first name to mean: rich, wealthy, of noble kin etc and the boy's name to mean: poor, worker, maker etc.

I also want their last names to mean love or beloved

So far I have:

Girl's first names:

Diana – Divine
Celia – Heaven
Cordelia – Of unknown meaning
Rosaline – Little rose
Adelaide – Of a noble kin
Mona – Desires, wishes
Alicia – of noble kin
Alice – of noble kin
Daria – Rich
Nadia – Hope
Kimbra - From the royal fortress meadow.
Kimberly – From the wood of the royal forest
Davia – Beloved
Julia – Beloved
Amanda/Manie – Worthy of being loved


Boys names:

Mason – Stone worker
Turner – Lathe worker
Tanner – Leather worker
Walker – Cloth worker
Carter – Cart driver, cart maker

Last names:

Davies – Beloved
Edward – Wealthy guardian, rich or happy
Lovell – Dearly loved
Lowell – Dearly loved
Raman – Beloved, pleasing
Wilmot – Beloved heart


Help?

Also, I think I'm going to post what I write each day for anyone who wants to read along while I write. Keep in mind if you do that there is no editing done during November. It will be full of grammar and spelling errors as well as (probably) continuity errors and scenes that will be completely changed or deleted later on. It is by no means a finished product. :)

1 comment:

Just Janet said...

Kind of Romeo & Juliet-esque?

Anyway, I like Kimberly Davies (sounds rich & snotty) and Mason Lovell or Lowell for the character names. Can't wait to see it in progress!