Saturday, January 31, 2009

It's My Birthday And...



I'm starting to feel that with every year that passes, time is moving too fast.

I have so many things that I want to do with my life and I'm worried that I'm not going to have time to do them all. I want to move out and get married and have a family, but I also want to go to college and have a career. Considering I still haven't got my high school diploma, I don't see that second one happening anytime soon.

I can't wait to move out with Tyler and have the opportunity to start our life together. I can't wait until we have a place of our own. I love him and I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with him and I'm ready for the rest of my life to begin. I just worry sometimes that I'm going to run out of time before I've completely all of the goals that I've set out for myself.

But when does it become too late? How long can I put off going to school? How long do I want to work at Harvey's and attempt to save money? I want to get engaged, but purchasing a ring will put a temporary stop on Tyler's saving and paying off his debt.

I wish that we didn't have to always think about the future. I wish that we could live everyday as if it could be our last, because it very well could be. Live in the moment, think about what you're doing right now, not tomorrow or the next day or the next year. Be happy with what you have right now and not sad about the things that you've lost or all the things that you don't have.

I wish that we could all be happy with the lives that God has given us and be thankful for all of the wonderful things that we have right now and not have to worry about the things that we want in the future. If only it were that easy.

Everyone has things that they want and it's difficult to be satisfied with what we have now. We all have hopes and images of what's to come and it can be disappointing when the time finally comes when things are supposed to get better and they don't. The best kept plans don't always work out and then we are left with nothing.

We all have such high expectations for our futures, and a lot of it will work out. But what about the stuff that doesn't? If you plan your life out so clearly that there is no room for failure or changes in plans than if one slight things changes we are left with nothing and with no way to fix it.


No comments: