Thursday, November 5, 2009

Love Story

I love the fact that my novel is just a regular fiction love story. No super powers, no mythical creatures, no fantasy at all. It's the first time that I've ever written anything like this before and I'm having so much fun doing it.

It's not the most original of stories. People have been falling in love for thousands of years though, so how original can one love story be? What's so special about my story is that part of it is based loosely on something that actually happened with a certain couple in my family. I can't say anymore without giving the plot away to some people (mom!).

It's something very romantic though. People say that you should write what you know. I've tried before, but never like this. I can write what I know with fantasy, and it's fun because you can make things up that could never exist in real life. Writing a love story is different, because this really could happen in real life. It's a new experience for me, and I think that it shows that I'm growing as a writer.

If there's one thing in life that I know about, it's love.

No comments: