Saturday, July 4, 2009

Five Years

How Do I Love Thee? - Elizabeth Barrett Browning

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.




If someone had told me when I was ten years old that this would happen to me, I wouldn't have believed them. When I was ten years old, it was just a crush, a fantasy, something that I knew could never happen. When I was fourteen, and you asked me to be your girlfriend, it became reality.

You were my first boyfriend, the first person that I fell in love with and the last. Some people say that girls should "play the field", but I don't ever want to be with anyone but you. You make me feel more important and more special than I ever thought I could be. You've stuck by me through everything and you're still with me today.

I never thought that I would be with you, let alone talking about getting engaged, getting married and spending our lives together, but I couldn't be happier. I just want you to know how important you are to me and that I couldn't imagine my life without you. I don't ever want to be without you there to make me smile.



1 comment:

Miss Martini said...

aw this made me cry
really!

im so happy for you two :)
it gives me hope that maybe i can have something just as amazing too :)