Friday, June 12, 2009

Finally Beginning

Do you ever feel like you're waiting for certain things to happen before your life really begins? Like "Once I'm done this year of school, I'll finally be able to have fun." or "Once I graduate I'll finally be able to get going on what I really want to do with my life?" I do. I'm one of those people who waits for events to happen, knowing that things will get better afterwards (even if they don't). It's finally paying off.

I've spent the last few years "waiting for the rest of my life to begin". I finally feel like it is. Over the last week I was in Georgia for my step-sister's wedding. It was a great weekend for more than one reason.

Tyler finally asked my dad's permission to marry me. We plan to be engaged within the next two-four months and married in the next two-three years. I am SO excited! I've been waiting for this for so long. I finally feel like my life is getting started. We'll be moving in together (with my mom) in a few months and everything is going great.

Looking forward to the rest of my life and enjoying the great things that I have right now!

1 comment:

Miss Martini said...

I'm really excited for you too :)


Its really crazy...back in grade 8 I never thought you two would last to this, or have such a beautiful love that has just grown and bloomed as you have.

What you have is a very rare and precious thing, cherish it :) So excited for you!