Friday, October 5, 2012

1984 - George Orwell

Book - 1984 - George Orwell
Where I got it - I believe I got this out of the laundry room in my old apartment.
Why I never read it before - Just never quite got around too it.
My Rating - 4/5

Review -

I actually really enjoyed this book.  It is absolutely horrifying.  The way that the government controls the world in this book is so scary, because I know that it could actually happen.  The fact that history is changed every day and that there is no real record of what has happened in the past...I can't even imagine.
I won't say too much about this book because I know my mom wants to read it now that I'm finished.  I will say that I didn't much like Julia (the love interest in the book) and that I didn't quite find the ending satisfactory.  It's not that the ending wasn't well done and well written, I just don't like it.

No comments: