Sunday, September 16, 2012

In the Doctor's Bed


Book - In the Doctor's Bed - Brenda Jackson
Where I got it - I belong to a website - tellharlequin.com - and they send you free books about once every two or three months. All you have to do is fill out the occasional survey and they will keep sending them to you, this was one of them
Why I never read it before - I am truly not into Harlequin romance novels, I just can't say no to free books.
My Rating - 2/5

Review -

This book was mostly plotless, what plot there was in it was ok, but not great. Basically it is a love story between an intern in a hospital and her boss. The hospital has a nonfraternization policy, so the two of them are not allowed to be together.
I had looked forward to the medical part of the story, unfortunately there wasn't much. You see them in the hospital a couple of times, but not much happens there. Most of the story is the two characters, Lucian and Jaclyn, sneaking off to have sex and meet in places that no one from the hospital will see them.
The most interesting part of the plot is the fact that the hospital has a lawsuit up against it because Lucien fired an intern because Jaclyn caught him stealing drugs. The two main characters spend a lot of the book worrying about said lawsuit and then...none of that is resolved at the end of the novel.
The romance is alright...some of the lines that Lucien says are painful. Whenever he opened his mouth to say something 'sexy' I couldn't help but think how ridiculous it would sound if someone said that in real life.
The story has a happy ending, Lucien switches to the ER so that the two can be together since he won't be her boss again. I wouldn't say that I hated this book. I enjoyed it enough as a quick, fluffy and pointless read :)

No comments: