Monday, October 15, 2012

Sunday at Tiffany's - James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet

Book - Sunday at Tiffany's - James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet
Where I got it - My mom gave me a couple of books that each have four novels in them. The books are put together by Reader's Digest and are actually condensations of famous novles.
Why I never read it before - The books that were in this special edition didn't appeal to me when I got it.  The idea of them being condensed novels also through me off.
My rating - 4/5 

Review - 

First off, I have to say that these are really well done.  If I didn't know that this was a condensed novel, I never would have guessed.  I expected it feel choppy and not detailed.  It didn't feel like that at all.  The editing is amazing and I wasn't left feeling like anything was left out of the story.
The basic plot of this novel is very cute.  It is about a girl who has an imaginary friend as a child.  When she is nine years old, Michael tells her that he can't be her imaginary friend anymore but that she will forget about him as soon as he is gone.  Michael moves on to another kid, to be their imaginary friend, but Jane doesn't forget.
Years later they run into each other and Jane realises that it was all real all along.  They fall in love and go through some troubles before finally ending up happily married with children at the end of the book.
I liked it a lot surprisingly.  It was a little cheesy and a very light easy read.  There wasn't much depth.  I think that might have something to do with the novel being condensed, maybe if I read the whole thing that plot would have gone a little deeper.  Either it way, it was an enjoyable, if light, read and I would recommend it.

No comments: