Friday, October 5, 2012

The Boy Next Door - Josie Lloyd and Emilyn Rees

Book - The Boy Next Door - Josie Lloyd and Emilyn Rees
Where I got it - I actually have no memory of ever getting this book and for some reason it wasn't on my original list of books I need to read, even though I know I have never read it before.
Why I never read it before - I don't remember getting it.
My Rating - 4/5

Review -

This book is a good, if a little corny, love story.  It's about two childhood bestfriends who meet up later in life just as one of them is about to get married.  The book is written from the point of view of both Fred and Mickey and shows their current lives as well as their memories of their childhood together.
I really enjoyed seeing the flashbacks to their childhood when they were growing up and falling in love in the eighties. They end up being separated and don't see each other for fifteen years.  It's a great love story and a very easy read.  It is surprisingly well-written and funny for a book of this genre.

No comments: